Monday, May 14, 2012

Feed me, Seymour!

My son loves food.
He's a lot like his dad that way. He's always been very good at breastfeeding, and he likes to get a variety of flavors. And so begins the epic of learning to feed the baby solid foods.

At the end of March, my husband took me out to eat at RollUp Crepes. Very tasty. Because my son wasn't quite sitting yet, but loves to be included at family meals, I put him on my lap, pinned him with the table, and ate over his head. His nose started sniffing, his tongue started licking, and his drool started dripping. So my husband gave him a taste of pesto sauce. Baby goes crazy with this flavor explosion! He seeks out new flavors and bold new combinations- barbeque sauce, cranberry sauce, salad dressing... and to my delight and surprise, shows no signs of food allergies. So I propped him in his chair and fed him bananas and whipped cream last week ...

 He's not very messy. He likes the food to go in his belly, not on his face. He reminds me of his uncle...

So now that he's sitting up on his own, the feeding will begin.


And these pictures were just too cute to pass up.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Please keep it clean.
I love to hear from you!